This super easy garlic hummus is oil free and made without tahini! First of all, I LOVE that it's such a simple recipe with ingredients I always have on hand - chickpeas, garlic, lemon, water and sea salt. I'm also allergic to sesame so no tahini for this girl. But the main reason I created this recipe is because I like to separate my fiber (beans) and fats (oil and tahini) because I'm an overproducer of hormones. By separating the fiber and fat the fiber helps clear out my excess hormones instead of adhering to the fat - check out the Bean Protocol by Unique Hammond or Karen Hurd for more information on this.
Which kitchen tools are needed?
- Food processor or blender
- Can opener (if using canned chickpeas)
- Knife (to remove garlic skin)
- Rubber spatula (to scrape sides of blender or food processor)
What to eat oil free hummus with:
- Chopped vegetables - Carrots, celery, peppers, snap peas, cucumbers, etc.
- This flavorful Greek turkey burger
- Gluten free crackers - I like the Simple Mills brand
- Greek salad or Greek wrap - Mine usually includes mixed greens, red onion, pepperoncini peppers, Kalamata olives, bell pepper and Yasou Greek dressing.
- Toast - Just like avocado toast but it's hummus toast! With gluten free bread of course. My favorite toppings include pepperoncini peppers, pumpkin seeds and Kalamata olives.
How to store the oil free hummus:
Storage: Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Freeze: not recommended.
More fat-free recipes you'll love!
I hope you love this oil free hummus recipe! If you make it I’d love if you could leave a rating & connect with me on Instagram @passthesprouts!Print