This creamy, vegan, non dairy caesar dressing makes all the best swaps without sacrificing that savory caesar flavor. Cashews provide the creamy base of the dressing, miso paste gives the depth of the salty anchovy flavor and nutritional yeast gives that cheesy parmesan flavor.
It takes less than 5 minutes to make - perfect for a quick dinner or meal prepping some healthy lunches for the week!
Which kitchen tools are needed?
- Measuring utensils
- Blender (I use a nutribullet)
Ingredient Notes & Substitutes:
- Cashews: raw & unsalted work best. If you have time soaking the cashews at room temperature for up to 24 hours ahead of time will make them more creamy and easier to blend. Walnuts are a fantastic substitute.
- Miso: My favorite recently has been chickpea miso which can be found at most Whole Foods stores but any type of miso will work! You can also substitute for Worcestershire sauce, tamari or soy sauce.
- Olive Oil: any neutral flavored oils will work - olive oil, avocado oil and grapeseed oil are my favorites.
- Lime Juice: all great salad dressings have an acidic element. Lemon makes a good substitute.
- Dijon Mustard: adds great flavor.
- Water: water is used to thin out the dressing to your liking.
- Nutritional Yeast: not to be confused with other types of yeast, nutritional yeast is yellow in color and adds a cheesy flavor when paired with salt and garlic. Parmesan (regular or dairy free versions) is a great substitute.
- Seasonings: top it off with garlic (clove or powdered), salt & pepper.
What to put in caesar salad?
- Your favorite type of greens: kale (be sure to massage), romaine, mixed greens.
- Protein: grilled chicken, salmon, grilled cauliflower
- Pomegranate seeds!
- Seeds: pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds.
- Croutons: toss some gluten free bread in some oil, salt & pepper and broil until crispy.
- Non dairy parmesan cheese: I'm obsessed with Barrett's Garden Farmesan tastes just like the real thing.
- Balsamic glaze: adds a fun visual element and amazing flavor.
- Wrap it up in a gluten free tortilla: I love Maria & Ricardo's quinoa flour tortillas - microwave for 20 seconds with a wet paper towel on top to make the tortilla soft and easier to roll.
Caesar salad dressing can be stored to 5 days in the fridge.
Since this caesar salad dressing is vegan (no raw eggs, no anchovies) it is safe to freeze. It's best to freeze in ice cube trays before placing the caesar cubes in a freezer bag or air tight container for up to 6 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight when ready to use.
Yes! Blend it ahead of time and it will last up to 5 days in the fridge. Before use stir or shake it up.
Yes, usually caesar salad dressing is gluten free and this homemade version is also gluten free.
If the caesar salad dressing is made with raw eggs - it is not safe to eat during pregnancy. But this non dairy plant based version is made without eggs so it is typically safe to eat during pregnancy.
Other savory dips & sauces you'll love!
I hope you love this dairy free caesar dressing! If you make it I'd love if you could leave a comment and rating so I know how it turned out!Print